FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
So what should you bring?
Something to sit on! Most people tend to bring folding chairs or blankets but you’re more than welcome to bring whatever is comfortable.
There’s a blanket-zone at the front of the seating area to make sure all blanket-bearers get a good view!
Please bear in mind if it has rained before the event then the ground may still be damp.
Make sure you dress up warm and bring anything which may make your evening more comfortable. How about bringing a blanket, thick socks to stop your tootsies from getting cold and maybe a torch for the walk home?
When you arrive on site, set up your spot in front of the screen. Then pop over to the marquee where you can scan your tickets, pick up a drink and some popcorn and exchange your £10 CASH deposit for a set of wireless headphones.
Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available on site. Check out our Facebook page for more details closer to the time.
We also have a bar on site selling soft drinks, popcorn, beer, cider, red, white and rose wine, and of course the feel-good summer staple PROSECCO!
Please refrain from bringing any glass with you onto the site!
Attendees agree to take responsibility for the health, safety, and security of the items they bring.
Smokers and Vaping
If you smoke or vape during the event please pop yourself at the back and away from others. Please also put your cigarettes into the ashtrays/bins provided.
This event has been able to go ahead with the approval and enthusiasm of your town council. Please respect the land and leave it in the beautiful way that you find it. There will be plenty of bins on site – please feel free to fill them up!
Our events are super fun and exciting times for everyone. Remember when you want to chat with your friends sitting around you, you are wearing headphones! Although you may not be able to hear your own voice the rest of the area will :).
Events like these are able to continue as long as the local neighbours are happy. When leaving try to keep the noise to a respectable level!
Parents should check the film content prior to the purchase of any tickets. Age restrictions and recommendations for children may apply due to the nature and suitability of the film. If you would like more information please visit http://www.bbfc.co.uk
Personal Medical Devices
If you use any personal medical devices (including but not limited to a pacemaker), please consult your doctor to determine whether the use of the headphones/transmitters could possibly effect your medical device.
- Silent Summer Screenings and its affiliates are not liable for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings.
We guarantee that for all movies shown a copyright license has been obtained.
- VAT is included in the ticket price.
- Silent Summer Screenings maintains the right to refuse admission.
- The use of cameras, recording equipment, and mobile phones is not permitted.
- In the event of bad weather, the movie screening will continue.
- No refunds will be given under any circumstances unless we the event organisers cancel the event.
- Adult tickets are required for everyone over the age of 12. Where appropriate and when the film certificate allows for children to be present at the screenings, children tickets are available for children aged between 4-12. Children under-4 do not require tickets.